6.04.2012

One Thousand Gifts (971 - 990)

© shoutingforha
"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity 
for taking things for granted."  
~Aldous Huxley

971.  Storm clouds rolling across the sky.  As soon as the wind starts blowing, the boy and I like to run outside and watch.
972.  A double rainbow after the storm.
973.  The blessing of employment for my dear friend's husband after four years of searching.
974.  Conversation and cups of coffee with a friend.
975.  Cool summer mornings that come after rainy nights.
976.  The sun-kissed cheeks of my boy.
977.  Bourbon and lemonade over ice.
978.  My hydrangea bushes bursting with blooms in every shade from pink to blue to white.  Gorgeous.
979.  The hubby's incredibly witty and snarky sense of humor.  The man knows how to make me laugh.
980.  My sweet little niece, who turned seven this week.
981.  Handmade soaps.  I'm not into bubble baths, spa treatments or any of that stuff, but I definitely have a weakness for good, handmade soap.
982.  My hubby's job.  What a blessing it has been for our family.
983.  Blueberry hand pies. 
984.  The morning sun streaming through the tree tops.
985.  Quiet mornings.  My boy is generally an early riser so it's a rarity for him to still be in bed after the hubby has left for work. 
986.  Our beastly dog, Brick, curled up in a tiny ball as he sleeps.
989.  Still being able to beat my boy in a game of Mercy.  His line of thought goes something like this: "I'm bigger than my mom so I'm obviously going to be stronger too."   Oh, how I love proving him wrong.
990.  Crisp cotton sheets on the bed.  I love how they feel cool to the touch when I first climb in at night.

For more lists of gratitude, head over to

 

4 comment(s). Leave yours!:

Kelly Hallahan said... Best Blogger Tips

conversations and coffee with a friend. does it get any better than that??? sweet list this week. blessings from Uganda

Alicia said... Best Blogger Tips

My kids and I love to run out and watch storm clouds, too. Love your list- so many simple graces. Blessings from Iowa

Amy said... Best Blogger Tips

I love the storm clouds and the rainbow! Thanks for sharing.

We would love for you and your family to join us in 30 Days of Prayer for Our Nation. http://prayingforournation2012.blogspot.com/

Jennifer @ Studio JRU said... Best Blogger Tips

A double rainbow... how wonderful is that?! It is such a great gift to have a husband that can make you laugh! Beautiful list of gifts!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...