"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity
for taking things for granted."
971. Storm clouds rolling across the sky. As soon as the wind starts blowing, the boy and I like to run outside and watch.
972. A double rainbow after the storm.
973. The blessing of employment for my dear friend's husband after four years of searching.
974. Conversation and cups of coffee with a friend.
975. Cool summer mornings that come after rainy nights.
976. The sun-kissed cheeks of my boy.
977. Bourbon and lemonade over ice.
978. My hydrangea bushes bursting with blooms in every shade from pink to blue to white. Gorgeous.
979. The hubby's incredibly witty and snarky sense of humor. The man knows how to make me laugh.
980. My sweet little niece, who turned seven this week.
981. Handmade soaps. I'm not into bubble baths, spa treatments or any of that stuff, but I definitely have a weakness for good, handmade soap.
982. My hubby's job. What a blessing it has been for our family.
983. Blueberry hand pies.
984. The morning sun streaming through the tree tops.
985. Quiet mornings. My boy is generally an early riser so it's a rarity for him to still be in bed after the hubby has left for work.
986. Our beastly dog, Brick, curled up in a tiny ball as he sleeps.
989. Still being able to beat my boy in a game of Mercy. His line of thought goes something like this: "I'm bigger than my mom so I'm obviously going to be stronger too." Oh, how I love proving him wrong.
990. Crisp cotton sheets on the bed. I love how they feel cool to the touch when I first climb in at night.
For more lists of gratitude, head over to