12.10.2012

One Thousand Gifts (1158 - 1178)

© shoutingforha
1158.  The way my boy loves to hunt for worms and "cool insects."
1159.  A clean and reorganized attic.  It was such a mess that it was impossible to locate anything.
1160.  A nice, long Thanksgiving break.  I love when my boy gets time off from school.
1161.  An entire week of sleeping late.
1162.  An impromptu day trip to Lynchburg, TN
1163.  Thanksgiving day spent with friends.  Delicious food, laughter and great conversation...  What could be better?
1164.  My boy's head of curly red hair.  It's been a long time since he's had a trim and so his hair is especially wild.
1165.  Our plumber.  He is honest, reasonable and does first-rate work.
1166.  Christmas decorations all over the house.  I love this time of year.
1167.  Brainstorming with the hubby until we come up with the perfect Christmas gifts for the boy.
1168.  The sleep-filled, puffy eyes of my boy at the breakfast table.
1169.  The pine scent of our Christmas tree.  It always puts me in the Christmas spirit and reminds me of Colorado.
1170.  Christmas carols. 
1171.  The bright orange, yellow and red of a sunrise.  It is rare to see such beautiful colors lighting up the morning sky and even rarer for me to be awake in time to see them.
1172.  My boy all dressed up for his band concert.  
1173.  Perfectly fried chicken.  It's one of my guilty pleasures.
1174.  Christmas ornaments and decorations made with my boy's once tiny hand prints.
1175.  The twinkle of Christmas lights.
1176.  The fact that my hubby still hasn't changed the time on his watch even though Daylight Savings Time kicked in over a month ago.  He's such a rebel.
1177.  The smell of Christmas cookies baking in the oven. 
1178.  The way my hubby gets so much joy from finding the perfect Christmas presents for our boy.

For more lists of gratitude, head over to 

 

0 comment(s). Leave yours!:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...