11.18.2008

As Heard Tonight, vol. 9

My boy had a brilliant idea as I was tucking him in tonight...

The boy:
Why don't you wake me up at the stroke of 11:00, not a minute later?
Me: Why would I do that?
The boy: Well, I might like to wake up and chat a little bit and possibly have a snack.
Me: Oh, really...
The boy: Will you do it? Will you wake me up?
Me (knowing that it would be nearly impossible to wake him): Of course. I promise I will come in and TRY to wake you up. But what happens if I can't get you to open your eyes? Will you be upset?
The boy: Don't worry, Mom. I will wake up for sure.Me: Ok. You hurry off to sleep and I will come get you in a little bit.
For the record, at the stroke of 11:00, I went into the boy's room to do his bidding. I even climbed in bed with him, messed with his hair, and kissed his little rosy cheeks. Instead of waking up, he started to snore.

I have to admit that I was a little disappointed. I was really looking forward to all of that chatting and snacking.

2 comment(s). Leave yours!:

Aunt LoLo said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh, that is just too sweet!

Helen said... Best Blogger Tips

You can feel good about yourself because you kept your promise and he got a good night's sleep!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...