"Keep your face to the sunshine
and you cannot see the shadow.
It's what sunflowers do."
~ Helen Keller
946. My boy's wild bedhead. The crazier the hair, the better he slept.
947. The long, leaf covered branches of the weeping cherry tree. I love how they sway in the breeze and provide shade on the corner of the back patio.
948. Watching my boy perform in the 5th grade musical, "Lewis and Clark."
949. Freshly painted front steps. I only wish I would have done it sooner.
950. Having a few days to spend at home after a busy week. It felt good to get my house back in order and finish a few projects.
951. Warm gingerbread with lemon glaze.
952. Winding down the final few days of elementary school.
953. My boy's drumming. I love it when he sits down and just plays... no iPod, no other instruments, just drums. I know I'm biased since I'm his mom, but gosh, he is really good.
954. Pop corn popped in a pot on the stove. My dad used to make it this way when I was a kid and in my opinion, nothing tastes better.
955. Getting twelve hours of uninterrupted sleep. After another crazy week, I really needed it.
956. A hubby who forgives me when I get mean and cranky.
957. My boy's kindergarten teacher who decided to throw an end of elementary school party for her old class. It was fun to see how much everyone had grown and catch up with those who had moved to other schools.
For more lists of gratitude, head over to